I have never broken
a New Year’s Resolution…fact. Truth is I have never made any to break. Rather than give up drinking
in January, I did once pledge to drink every day for the whole month. Something that I achieved way too easily. However, since I am currently at what can only be described as a turning point in my life, I am allowing myself a few very simple ‘hopes’ for my new life in 2014.
I really hope I can…
- Do my first piece of paid freelance work. I am not fussy, happy to do (almost) anything. I remember the buzz of getting my first paid job when I was 14 and I want to feel like that again.
- Travel to Borneo. Every year we undergo an adventurous family trip, and Borneo is next on the list. This year my eldest son will be 17 and I don’t know how much longer he will want to spend holidays with his family. (achieving 2. quite clearly depends heavily on 1.)
- Read 12 new books.Until recently I had no time to read and I have had the chance to rediscover reading. I am giving myself a realistic target of one per month. (3 also depends on 1 of course as if I don’t find any wo
- rk I may read many more than 12!)
- Date my husband. Cur
- rently this is a biannual event, but he deserves better (assuming that going out with me for the evening can be viewed as a positive).
- Walk. Having been welded to a seat for the last 20 years, I have recently regained the use of all my limbs. I think I owe my legs some time doing what they were designed to do.
- Get new wrinkles. Apparently you get the wrinkles you deserve and I have the frown lines of a bulldog sucking a wasp. By the end of the year I want to have some new smile lines instead.